Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Are you an LVN looking for meaningful work? Are you passionate about making a difference? If so, then UCPLA is the company for you. When you join the UCPLA team, you help us promote independence for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits to full-time staff: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Life Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Credit Union Benefits and Discounts, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement Plan.
United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) is currently hiring a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to care for individuals with developmental disabilities in a group home residential setting. As an LVN, you provide personalized care for our residents. Working under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, you will have the unique opportunity to build your healthcare career and develop relationships with our residents.
Schedule: Five Varying Shifts Per Week, Including Some Weekends and Holidays
AM Shift: 5:30 AM - 2:00 PM
PM Shift: 1:30 PM - 10:00 PM
- Pass medications and monitor/report any changes in each resident's health/condition
- Perform treatments such as oxygen, eye drops, topical ointments, nebulizer, etc.
- Ensure feeding plans are followed
- Perform basic and vital assessments and implement care plans
- Process monthly cycle medications
- Schedule doctors’ appointments
- Ensure specialist referrals and appointments are properly scheduled
- Attend and transport clients to appointments in company van as directed
- Prepare client charts for doctor rounds
- Receive and record doctors’ orders
- Assist physician on rounds
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an approved school of vocational nursing
- Currently licensed by the California State Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
- Must maintain valid and current proof of legal right to drive in California
- At least 6 months of work experience as an LVN
- Experience in the care and treatment of individuals with developmental disabilities is preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Communicate and work professionally and cooperatively with others
- Successfully pass all post-offer, pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug screening, physical exam, and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to run, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, UCPLA is the largest nonprofit provider of direct care services for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Southern California.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.