House Manager - PM Shift
Are you looking for meaningful work? Are you passionate about making a difference? When you join UCPLA, you will help us promote independence for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits to full-time staff: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Life Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Credit Union Benefits and Discounts, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement Plan.
United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) is hiring a House Manager who will oversee day-to-day operational functions of our group home, and will work closely with the Administrator, Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP), and nursing staff to assure quality resident care. You will supervise staff and manage their selection, training, development, scheduling, and disciplinary action.
Schedule: 2:30 PM - 11:00 PM, 5 shifts per work week, including some weekend shifts
- Assist QIDP with instructing staff on how to carry out active treatments and training objectives identified in each client’s Individualized Service Plan (ISP)
- Assign and supervise Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) in cleaning and laundry duties
- Train new staff regarding client needs, client training objectives, and housekeeping duties
- Provide new residents with an orientation to the facility with introduction to staff and peers
- Attend regularly scheduled in-services
- Conduct routine house inspections
- In conjunction with the Dietitian and Administrator, assign and monitor meal preparation, cooking, and cleaning; ensure menus are posted and followed; prepare meals as needed
- Ensure universal precautions and infection control standards are being followed
- Drive clients to appointments using company van and assist clients on outings
- Provide Direct Support Professional support as needed
- Must be available by telephone and respond to calls in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certified Nursing Assistant Certificate and/or Nursing Attendant Training
- Valid and current proof of legal right to drive in California and proof of insurance
- At least 18 months of Direct Support experience, working with individuals with developmental disabilities under the supervision of a Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to work in a professional manner both with other departments within the facility and with community representatives
- Positive attitude with flexibility to meet the needs and demands of the residential home
- Successfully pass all post offer, pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug screening, physical exam, and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Able to run, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, UCPLA is the largest nonprofit provider of direct care services for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Southern California.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.