Caregiver - Direct Support Professional II (DSP II) - CNA
Are you a CNA looking for meaningful work? Are you passionate about making a difference? If so, then UCPLA is the company for you. When you join the UCPLA team, you will help us promote independence for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits to full-time staff: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Life Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Credit Union Benefits and Discounts, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement Plan.
United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) is hiring Direct Support Professional IIs (DSP IIs) with Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification to assist developmentally disabled individuals with daily living needs in a group home residential setting. Our DSP IIs help our residents with their physical, emotional, and social needs by using a person-centered approach. DSPs have the unique opportunity to build a rewarding career in healthcare and to develop caring relationships with our residents.
Rate of Pay: $15.00 per hour
Various Schedules Available: Five shifts per work week
- AM Shift: Weekdays 6:00 AM - 11:00 AM, and Weekends & Holidays 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
- PM Shift: 2:15 PM – 10:45 PM, including some Weekends and Holidays
- Pass medication to residents, as assigned, per RN medication administration training
- Assist residents with moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, automobiles, and with eating, dressing, and grooming
- Respect and promote the individual rights of people served
- Provide direct care and other related duties as assigned by supervisor(s) and/or nursing staff
- Provide assistance with training of staff as need arises
- If eligible to be a driver, attend and assist residents on outings and to appointments
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) certification
- Experience working with developmentally disabled individuals preferred
- Interest in and concern for people with developmental disabilities, and sufficient patience and understanding to deal with their special needs
- Successfully pass all post offer, pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug screening, physical exam, and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to run, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, UCPLA is the largest nonprofit provider of direct care services for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Southern California.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.