Caregiver - Direct Support Professional (DSP) - CLS
Are you looking for meaningful work? Do you have a passion for making a difference in people's lives? If so, then UCPLA is the company for you. When you join the UCPLA team, you help us bring independence to adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. We offer competitive starting salaries, Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement Plan to part-time employees.
United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) is hiring a Direct Support Professional (DSP) to provide personal assistance to adults with developmental disabilities to live full and dignified lives. As a DSP, you provide support in the person’s own home and out in the community, typically with one person at a time. Our DSPs have the unique opportunity to build a rewarding career and to develop caring relationships with the people they work with.
Rate of Pay: $14.25 per hour
Schedule: Mondays & Fridays, 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Saturdays & Sundays, 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Caregiver - DSP Responsibilities:
- Help people to achieve their personal goals
- Promote independence, dignity, and fulfillment
- Assist with personal care, including preparing meals, feeding, grooming, dressing, housekeeping, and toileting
- Assist people to access their community for business, social, and recreational purposes
- Help to monitor and maintain individual’s health
- Other duties as assigned
Caregiver - DSP Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Read, write, comprehend, and communicate in English well enough to perform essential duties and responsibilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Communicate and work professionally and cooperatively with others
- Successfully pass all post-offer, pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug screening, and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to run, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel, lift, and transfer individuals
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, UCPLA is the largest nonprofit provider of direct care services for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Southern California.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.