Caregiver - Direct Support Professional (DSP) - PM Shift
Are you looking for meaningful work? Are you passionate about making a difference? If so, then UCPLA is the company for you. When you join UCPLA, you will help us promote independence for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits to full-time staff: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Life Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Credit Union Benefits and Discounts, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement Plan.
United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) is currently hiring a Direct Support Professional (DSP) to assist developmentally disabled individuals with daily living needs in a group home residential setting. Our DSPs help our residents with their physical, emotional, and social needs by using a person-centered approach. DSPs have the unique opportunity to build a rewarding career in healthcare and to develop caring relationships with our residents.
Rate of Pay: $14.25 per hour
Schedule: Five (5) Days On, Three (3) Days Off, 2:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- Assist residents with moving in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, automobiles, and with eating, dressing, and grooming
- Respect and promote the individual rights of people served
- Provide direct care and other related duties as assigned by supervisor(s) and/or nursing staff
- Attend required in-service trainings
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Read, write, comprehend, and communicate in English well enough to perform essential duties and responsibilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Communicate and work professionally and cooperatively with others
- Successfully pass all post-offer, pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug screening, and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to run, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds
CNAs are encouraged to apply!
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, UCPLA is the largest nonprofit provider of direct care services for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Southern California.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.