Community Support Specialist (CSS) - Adult Day Program
Are you looking for meaningful work? Are you passionate about making a difference? If so, then UCPLA is the company for you. When you join UCPLA, you help us promote independence for adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities. We offer competitive starting salaries and benefits to full-time staff: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance, Life Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Paid Holidays, Vacation Benefits, Paid Sick Leave, Paid Bereavement Leave, Credit Union Benefits and Discounts, Referral Bonus Plan, and Retirement Plan.
United Cerebral Palsy of Los Angeles, Ventura & Santa Barbara Counties (UCPLA) is hiring a Community Support Specialist (CSS) to support individuals with developmental disabilities with their individual goals and to prepare and support the individual for community participation, interdependence, and independence in community settings. As a CSS, you act as a role model and work to support the choices and needs of individuals served. Our Community Support Specialists (CSS) have the unique opportunity to build a rewarding career and to develop caring relationships with the people attending the program.
Rate of Pay: $14.25 per hour
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 9:30 AM - 4:15 PM
Community Support Specialist - Responsibilities
- Works to improve, enrich, and respect the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities
- Observes individual behavior, listens to their concerns, and addresses their needs
- Ensures individual health, safety, and welfare, and supports community inclusion
- Conducts task analyses and implements teaching strategies to assist individuals in meeting their goals
- Assists individuals with nutritional support, toileting, changing, hygiene, and other aspects of personal care in a person centered and habilitative approach
- Transports individuals in company vehicle to various community locations or scheduled appointments
- Under the guidance of the planning team and Program Manager, introduces individuals to new activities and experiences, including traveling on public transportation, vocational discovery and community activities
- Observes, documents, and reports changes in the condition of persons served to Program Manager
- Performs other duties as assigned
Community Support Specialist - Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must maintain valid and current proof of legal right to drive in California and proof of insurance
- Communicate and work professionally and cooperatively with others
- Successfully pass all post offer, pre-employment screening requirements, including criminal background check, drug screening, physical exam, and provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Ability to run, push, pull, bend, squat, kneel, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds
With 40 programs and service sites spanning several counties, UCPLA is the largest nonprofit provider of direct care services for individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities in Southern California.
UCPLA is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. UCPLA also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment pursuant to California Law and, if applicable, the L.A. Fair Chance Ordinance.